CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 9, 2009

A New Home of All

Well we have finally finished moving and I have my trusty old computer back on line. The space bar seems to have gotten banged or something, because it sticks now. But, I digress. Bella and I are in our new home and Babycakes is finally here. It took me about three tries to catch him at the old house. The first morning I went back and he was meowing (cuss words I am sure from the sounds of it) at me before I even got all of the way out of the car. I had made this trip without Bella, in hopes that he would not put up to much of a fight going into the carrier I took with me. I thought the ride home would be easier minus Bella bouncing all over the car, trying to play with Babycakes in the carrier. Needless to say, it was a very unsuccessful trip. I left him food on the deck in hopes he would sty close till I could come back again. The next day I tried again, NO SUCCESS. More food was left and I went home defeated. Around 11Am that same day Bella was bouncing off the walls at the new place. I decided to take her for a ride to maybe calm her down. As we got in the car to leave, something just told me to go back and try again. So, with Bella in tow away I go. When we reached the old house and walked into the backyard I spotted Babycakes lounging on the deck in all his glory. The surprise is, is that he usually isn't there at that time of day. I let Bella off her leash and started putting food out for him in his "old" spot in his "old" bowl that I had in the car. He jumped up on the rail and started to eat. As he was eating i returned to the car and got the carrier. As I rounded the deck and he spotted it he started to run again. I quickly sat it down and started speaking "babytalk" to him. He let me touch him, pet him and I picked him up. Most cats when they are about to be stuffed into a carrier will splay all four legs and hiss and bite. Not him, he very calmly let me lower him into the carrier. the ride home was very uneventful and Bella even stayed calm all the way home.

2 comments:

Kimi said...

I am soooooo glad that you got him! He are very happy kitteh naw!

wolfqueen2 said...

LOL Yes he seems to be. more adentures to follow.