CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Forward and Fall Back

Yep, it's that time of year again. We have had a few days to get use to it now... It still sucks. I understand why we do it. I was still very young when this crazy thing started in North Carolina. Then, the main purpose was to allow the children of farmers to have extra time after school to help on the family farms. A lot of kids would quit school around this time every year because they had to help clearing fields, plant crops and then harvesting later on. But now, I'm not sure why we do it. North Carolina doesn't have the family farms that it use to. Most kids now wouldn't know the difference between planting tobacco, and tomatoes. But every year we do the same thing. Move our clocks up an hour in March and then back again in the fall...I do like that it doesn't get dark quite as early, and it does keep Bella in bed longer in the morning...So, all in all, I guess it doesn't suck that much.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Lol, I love the way you wrote your post.Somehow I thought it was to do with saving on electricity . Now there may be one plant that the young people know how to plant and take care of, haha!Somehow though I think it had to do something with the war years ago but who knows. I'm like you though as I like the lighter evenings...can start to get out for a walk at night and get Jean off the computer(plays to much poker).
Hugs xxx

Kimi said...

LOL I hate DST!