CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blah blah day

Good Afternoon. It has finally stopped raining here, again. It has rained every day for the past few days. The sun peeks out occasionally, but then the clouds cover again. It has made for some strange ranges of temperatures. It is very pleasant now, but yesterday was muggy. A and I went to some local yard sales Saturday, and ended up trying on ball gowns at one of New Bern's formal wear stores. They had a wide selection of slightly used and new gowns. I tried two on. One a beautiful gold colored one. It was strapless, but came with a jacket. It was so beautiful and about a good 6 inches to long. It would have required alterations. But the way it made me look! I have never seen myself that beautiful in my life. Baring the mess hair, no makeup, and white socks of course. I would have loved to tell them to wrap it up, but alas the price tag with the needed alterations were a bit out of my meager range. A tried on several. Some of them looked very good on her, but none that we fell in love with. The military ball is coming up in November, and we have to hussle. I am sure I will be ready for my first official United States Marine Corp Ball when it gets here. Right?

1 comments:

Jill said...

It sounds like you had a fun day trying on all those ballgowns. You needed to take a camera so we could see how beautiful you looked.Mind you though you are just as beautiful without the gown...oops, that doesn't sound right...I meant that you are a beautiful person in every way.Okay, this is not sounding right....must have chemo brain tonight,lol.
Now when you do get a ballgown make sure you take a photo....oh it sounds like such fun!
Jill.