CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Thank God

We finally had word from my son that he is ok. He had e-mailed his wife and told her that he was ok, and that if we heard anything on the news, that he was ok. Then they(uncle sam) cut communications. (Bless their black hearts) I know it is for everyones safety, but they don't understand a Mother's heart. When official work came, we found out that they had had a small arms attack outside the base. My son and his men were ok, but they lost one of the guys in their unit. That is when we really freaked. Sunday (almost a week after the e-mail) we found out that he is truly ok, and very busy trying to get everything shipped out to the states. I know this sounds like overreaction on our part. We have been able to e-mail and talk to him this whole time. Then they have an attack, cut communications, and left us with a big question in out head. (IS HE TRULY OK, OR DID THEY GET HIT AFTER THE E-MAIL AGAIN?) I would not wish this terror on anyone. I pray each night for the safety of all out men and women fighting for out freedom and the future of out children and grandchildren. So ladies and gentleman, hug your babies just a little harder tonight and thank God and the men and women of out Armed Forces for all our freedom.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I just wanted to send you lots of hugs and prayers. I am so glad your son is okay. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a son or any loved one going off to war. I hope he returns home soon so you can hold onto him tight and never have to let go.
Jill.

wolfqueen2 said...

Thank you. Your courage and ability to stand and fight the good fight has inspired me to do the same with my fears. I do so enjoy your blog and send you my prayers and best wishes. My son will be home no later than May the 24. God's Speed.

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

How scary! I know that caused some sleepless nights!

wolfqueen2 said...

Yes I have quite a few sleepless nights and panic attacks when I hear that there is trouble near where he is. But our freedom here in America is his passion.

Kimi said...

I love you.