CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin Dies

This is the first thing I read this morning. Before I even had a chance to get the first cup of coffee in me, this assaulted my brain. No, I did not know him personally. He has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I was introduced to his comedy act at a very young age and remember his transition into the "long haired hippy style" that he loved so well. His jokes were funny, and his facial expressions beyond belief. You were always sorry when it ended. I believe I could have listened to him all night. He knew how to "WOW" the crowd and keep them coming back for more. His views on politics we deemed controversial. He made you think. He was not a sheep, and didn't want anyone else to be. I am sad that he is gone.

3 comments:

Apple Joos said...

This was really hard for me, too. Again, I didn't know him personally and I honestly wasn't that familiar with his comedy, but it makes me sad when people die like this.

Stephanie said...

well my best wishes go out to you

THE SANDY DOG BAKERY said...

I'm sad, too. He will be missed :(