CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

High Flying Friday

OK! So tonight is the Air Show at Cherry Point. We are all going to go, and have our ears split from the noise of the fly-overs we will be witnessing. But who cares. It's worth it. I was able to see this show some years back and I still haven't gotten over it. Anyone who loves planes should go. It is indescribable. The gates will be open to the public, and I know everyone in and around town will be there. It is suppose to be in the 90's today, so bunches of sunblock will be in use. I have almost as much fun watching the kids, watch the planes. The awe and wonder in their little faces is priceless. Granted, sometimes it scares them when they do a fly-over, but by the end of the show they seem to adapt to it very well. We live so close to the base we could almost watch it from here. They spent the whole day yesterday practicing, so we had planes in the air over our house all day. The dogs don't even seem to hear them anymore. They pay no attention to the noise at all. When I first moved here my little dog, Bella, use to tuck her tail between her legs and run for the nearest cover. Now she just stands there. I guess the other dogs told her it was nothing to be scare of.
So, have a great day. If I can beg, threaten, blackmail, guilt, or somehow get someone to post pictures, I will.

1 comments:

Kimi said...

On that note, I look forward to being with you but not the crowds. LOL