CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Showtime Saturday

Jack Black rules and so does his new movie. Kung Fu Panda is awesome. My son-in-law took his 2 sons to see it yesterday and me, my son and his wife tagged along to see it to. The line wasn't really that long (Thank God). It was really hot today. So in the door we go, and up to the concession stand. I ordered snack boxes for my grandsons, a regular popcorn and a med.diet drink. $21.15 later we left the stand and headed down the isle to our seats. Settling in comfortabley, we watched the previews of coming attractions (a couple of the had cuss words not fit for the kids present) and the movie began. As I was sitting there, munching on high priced popcorn, watching this movie, I was filled with laughter. I believe the adults laughed as much as the kids. I don't think there was a dissappointed person in the crowd. As a smoker I thought I would miss most of the movie, outside filling my lungs with posion.(I know this, but I still smoke.) To give credit where credit is due, I didn't even think of a cigarette the whole time. It takes a lot to make me forget a cigarette, trust me. But, this movie succeeded where most of them fail. If you haven't seen it, go see it. If you are embarrased to be seeen going to a "KID" show as an adult, rent an kid, or borrow one, just go. You won't be sorry. It will make you feel like a kid again, and who knows, you might actually reclaim the joy in your life. Thats the best feeling in the world.

6 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

HaHa, you had me at Jack Black, people underestimate his power but if he can get a grown woman to forget her cigarettes ... well that's good.

Jess NBP said...

awesome Review on the movie, and thanks for the comment on my foto. :)

Connie said...

Hi There & Thaor stopping by my blog! I love kids movies ... thankfully we have two so we don't miss out on much! I was wondering if this was a fun one .. thanks for the review! Have a great week!

Kimi said...

I should have gone with you guys but you know how I hate movies. LOL I am glad everyone had a good time, even though the Awesome Kimi was absent...

Teri said...

Great review! Now I'm going to convince my teenagers to be my dates. They love Jack Black anyway, so I bet I won't have too hard a time. I'll just promise them some junk food - that always works!

Jill said...

Okay, my eyes were deceiving me at first glance I thought I saw Black Jack rules, lol. It sounds like a great movie and a great time with the family.Send some of that warmth to the West Coast....we have been freezing here! Take care.