CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm a Big Wuss

Yesterday I decided to stop smoking. I have a lot of reasons to quit. My grandsons want me to as do my children.. My daughter is currently trying to quit. She has a lot of will power, and she will do it. She has done it before. I have smoked for more years than I have needed to. I have COPD and the smoking is just making it worse faster. I lasted 4 hours yesterday. Not a very long time for some people but for me its a start. I WANT TO QUIT. I have tried the patches. They made me sick. I cannot use the gum, I wear dentures. I would love to try the pill, but alas Medicare won't cover the cost. From what I understand most insurance companies won't. This is something I don't understand. They will pay for the damage smoking does to thousands of people, but not the cure. Maybe it won't make everyone that tries it quit, but surely its worth a try. It has to be cheaper in the long run. So, I guess I am on my own. If anyone has any tips please let me know, I will try almost anything.

8 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

I have no suggestions, sorry. I am just glad I never started.

Best of luck.

Jill said...

You're not a wuss,lol. Hey, I smoked for ummmmmmm......42 years and finally quit 4 years ago.I swear someone up above wants to keep testing my strength. It can take many tries and you went 4 hours so next time go 5 hours and gradually increase it.Just do it for yourself and not for others. The hardest was with that first cup of coffee in the morning. You can do it but just take time and if you fall off just try again.
Hugs

wolfqueen2 said...

Thanks Sweetie. I lasted 8 hours yesterday. So, if I double it each time I try I'll get there right?

Jill said...

Way to go!!!!!!!!
I am so proud of you. Got to keep each other on the positive path.

wolfqueen2 said...

Yes, there is that. I was very bad today. No going without at all. I WILL DO IT!

Lori said...

Every time I tried to quit I couldn't stand the thought of never having another cigarette. So I decided I wouldn't smoke for one day. Wasn't so bad if I thought, "I can smoke tomorrow." And I told myself that each day. I still think of myself as a smoker, I just haven't had a smoke in 9 years. Weird, I know. But whatever method you use, you can do it!!

Awesome-looking blog, by the way!

wolfqueen2 said...

Thank you my daughter set it up for me. I love the colors. She blogs also. Her's is Affairs of Dragons, you can reach it from here. She hasn't blogged lately but its beautiful and maybe a comment from some one other than me might spur her on again. Please come back to visit anytime

Connie said...

Thanks for checking in with me; everyone's kind words have been a wonderful source of comfort and helped me to keep going.
I was a smoker in my teens, 20's and early 30's. My husband hated smoking so I quit for him. It took a few months but gradually it happened. From dealing with the last couple of weeks I can tell you anything you can do to spend another day with your children can be the best medicine. They may not tell you thanks now but from a child who has lost her mother I would have like many more years with her.