CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Belated Birthday Present

"Surprise, surprise, surprise," as Gomer Pyle would say. Ronnie's last 2 trunks arrived at the beginning of May and they just found them yesterday. They had been sitting at the post office all this time. No delivery attempt was ever done on it. No little peach colored notice in the mail box, no nothing. Am and Km found them at the post office yesterday when they picked up another package. The wonderful "man" wheeled them out to the car, and watched while my Km and Am struggled trying to put them in the back of the car. People we are talking about a foot locker that weighs at least 75 lbs or more. What is wrong with men now? Well for that matter, in general? If my son had seen two women struggling to load something he would go directly to them and offer and insist on helping them as would my son-in-law. There would not be any question about it. (sorry venting again). Anyway I digress. As soon as my son got home he started going through it Inside was a flag that he arranged to have flown over Iraq for the whole day for my grandson, on his birthday. Real foreign soil (dust) and all. There was a certificate stating that this flag was flown in honor of my grandson. He jumped in his uncles arms and hugged him saying "this is the best est birthday present I ever got!" We all laughed, and Ronnie went on searching through his trunk. I looked up and he is coming towards me with another box in his hand. When he handed me the box I cried, because I knew that I had been honored also. The strange part about it was, he had left instructions to fly it "any day". They flew this flag on what would have been my Mom's birthday, April 16. My daughter saw it before I did and said "Mom, did you notice the date it was flown?" When I looked at it I cried some more. For some strange reason they had flown it on my Mom's birthday, there for honoring her and me at the SAME TIME. Ronnie was shocked to say the least. He said that was a pure accident, because he had stated "any day" for mine. But I know it wasn't an accident that that flag flew over Iraq on what would have been my Mom's birthday (God rest her soul). I think it was her way of saying that she is always with us, no matter where we may go in our life. WE MISS YOU MOM! Now I must dry my tears, again, and carry on with my day. So, if you are blessed to still have your Mom in your life, go to her today, if you can, and hug her real tight, tell her you love her, for me. I wish I still could.

6 comments:

Kimi said...

Wonderful post. You brought tears to my eyes :) It is amazing how God works, isn't it?

wolfqueen2 said...

Yes it is. I love that flag even more because of the day it was flown.

Jill said...

How special and what a wonderful person you are! Beautiful post. I got to talk to my mom yesterday on the phone and I always tell her I love her.
I meant to tell you that it is okay to pass my site on.
Bless you for all the support you have given me as well.
Jill.

Anonymous said...

That is so lovely.
I'm going to call my mum now & tell her I love her :)
~I was going to wait until tonight.

Candid Carrie said...

First of all, I am married to a man who would never let women struggle to carry something of any size and I am raising children that would not allow them to struggle.

Second, beautiful sentimental story. It sounds like you should submit it to Reader's Digest.

wolfqueen2 said...

Thank you, but I don't write that well. It just comes from my heart and out of my fingers. Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoy yours so much. Yes, we do still have some good men out there. I guess we just do our best to raise ours and pray for the best.