CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

He's Home

Yup, its really true. He's home. We picked him up yesterday,on base. It was 4 hours of unrelenting sun, and heat. The Corps had set up tents, and chairs, and refreshments for all. The sun beat down on the ones of us that could not fit in the tents. There was a bouncy house for the little ones and music for all. My daughter, daughter-in-law, an old friend from my son's ROTC unit in high school and my grandsons we all present to greet him. First one unit arrived, all cheers and applause, then another unit, same as before. It was so great to see the men grab their wives, and children and hug them like there was no tomorrow. Then they would slowly walk to the aged of us waiting in the background. More waiting till I thought my brain would bake inside my head, and then the announcement. The buses are here! Up rolls 6 buses, all with tinted windows. silent silhouettes inside, some sitting still, some waving. Everyone looks the same. Standing, cheering, waving we wait with bated breath, our eyes trained on the crowd looking for that first glimpse of HIM. Then this voice from behind me says "why is everyone looking up that way?" My heart stopped, I knew that voice. As I turned I saw him, MY SON, alive and whole and smiling at us. I screamed (I don't know what now) and ran, and jumped in his arms. Guess what? with the proper provocation an old cripple women can jump! His wife got second hug. (Sorry about that sweetie). But I think she has forgiven me now. (I hope) Will write more later, still feel ing the affects of yesterdays excitement.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Just a quick note to say I am so happy for you and your family. Enjoy every moment of your time together.Glad your son is back safe and sound in the arms of his loved ones!
Huge hugs,
Jill.

wolfqueen2 said...

Thanks sweetie. It was a great day all around once he got off that bus. Things here have slowed down now and I can breath again. We had a cook out last night (just family) and they have planned a party for all his Marines this weekend. I am staying at my daughter's house for a couple of weks to give them some alone time. LOL