CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

ONE DAY, THREE HOURS, AND COUNTING

MY SON WILL BE HOME TOMORROW! I am so excited I cannot breath or think straight. My son is in the air as I write this. Winging his way towards the states. He will be here around noon tomorrow. I have not been able to think straight since he IM us on his way out of Iraq. He is probably waiting in Germany or Ireland for his flight home now. They stop at various countries to connect. I kind of hope he got to go to Ireland. He had his heart set on walking the streets of his homeland. Germany would be homeland also, but he had a burning in his chest for Ireland. He has always been interested in his "melting pot" of a family. His father is German, I am Irish and American Indian, with a few other cultures thrown in for taste. This "melting pot" of cultures has caused some medical problems for my generation of our line. The younger generation seems to have fared better though. But he is a good son, and family is important to him and his sister. But I digress! He is coming home, whole, healthy, and happy and that is what counts.

0 comments: