CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sucky Saturday

This morning broke through bright and shiny. It had rained during the night, and the world was fresh and shiny and new. I on the other hand was grumpy, hungery, and needed a cup of coffee bad. So I fixed coffee, made toast, and converced with the dogs. After my second cup of coffee I felt I could face the world again. Am beat me up this morning. Said she had been up since about 4 I think. She felt horrible, and went back to bed asking me to not let her sleep all day. This was around 9:30. I don't usually sleep that late, but I guess the muscle relaxers and pain killer I took last night did their job.
Taking my coffee outside, I sat in my usual place (perched on the railing to the deck) and watched my growing plants swim in their pool of water from last night. They are in a pod tray and it has no holes in the bottom. After fishing them out, and placing them on the deck to dry out a little, I finished my coffee.
Wow this is so boring! I need to get a better life. Right? But actually I pretty much have the life I want. True, I would like to have a little more money each month. Be able to cure cancer. (That monster has taken more lives than is necessary in this world) Have my health back, and a few things that are gone now. But for me this is the life I choose. My children, and my grandchildren close by, my little companion (Bella), and all the other furbabies that my children have. A roof over my head, and food in my belly. That doesn't seem like a lot to some people I know, but for me it is heaven here on earth.
On that note, I will close for now. God's Speed and my prayers to you all.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how I love your post today. I am so sorry that you had that bad fall but you seem to take everything in stride.Your life seems to very nice, the way it should be at this time of our lives. It not what I thought mine would be like at this age but with family and friends we can weather anything that it thrown at us.
Get lots of rest and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

wolfqueen2 said...

Thank you. I try very hard to take things in stride, but it gets kind of hard some times. But you are the guiding light that I measure myself by sometimes.